Is This All There Is?...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Jeff

I just read my son's Xanga web log. He got drunk last night. He mentioned he knew I would read his post so he wouldn't say too much about it. I worry about him. A lot. His father was an alcoholic, and I was an addict, both of us starting in our teenage years. So if you believe the medical books, son # 3 has the makings of an alcoholic/addict too. He's amost 22. I just worry about him. My boys' dad died in May. They struggle. How do I help? This weekend was the first time he was in a play (he does theater in college) without his dad there. I know he's struggling, as is his brother. I wish I could take their pain away. How do you do that? I think just by being there. Which I am. His dad wrote him a 6 page letter just hours before he died. He died of a heart attack so he didn't know he was leaving us, but his letter was about alcoholism, and warning him of the dangers. I want Jeff to remember his dad's letter. Take it to heart. Honor him by remembering his warnings. I need to talk to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home