Is This All There Is?...

Sunday, August 14, 2005

A

I have so much to do I don't know where to start, so I thought I'd play on the computer awhile. A (he's my 15 yr old son, I'll write about him in a min.) keeps turning off the monitor. He demands my constant attention, unless he has something else he wants to do. He's so funny. I bought him a new Barney tape, I just gave it to him, that should keep him busy for about 2.5 minutes. Yep, here he comes already, haha he will try to divert my attention (send me to the kitchen for chocolate milk or some pudding) then he will reach up here and turn the monitor off again. haha

A has muscular dystrophy, he is deaf, and he is mentally challenged. He is 15 but mentally is about 3 or so. He is at times extremely smart. When I hurt my toe last month he seen I had it bandaged up, so when he got mad at me he reached around my body and hit my toe, twice!! Sometimes I think that child is TOO smart! He is almost as tall as I am, and strong! He can't communicate very well so look out if you can't figure out what he is trying to tell you he wants. He then attempts to hit you or toss something over his head, which wouldn't be so bad except it is usually his cup of chocolate milk he tosses. You can imagine the mess. Mostly A is a happy child, smiling and laughing a lot. He likes to knock things to the floor and then laughs and laughs. It does create a lot of work for me though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home