Is This All There Is?...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

I thought today was my day off?

Today is my day off. It sure didn't feel like it. As a 2nd job, really I just call it my fun job, I help women de-stress and relax with in home spa products and treatments. A party for you inner soul you could say. Someone called me to schedule a spa, I told her my day off was Thursday we could do it then (this was Wednesday when she called). Great! A spa was booked. This morning I load all my stuff into my truck and she called to confirm I was coming. Heck yeah, I was coming, I love this stuff! She then told me she wanted to not have a spa party but she wanted today to consist of facials, skin care, make-up, and such. My stomach knotted up at this point because I'm fairly new to the business and I worried I would screw up.
I unloaded the spa stuff I had loaded and reloaded with extra skin care, making sure I had plenty of micro derm abrasion (because that's what they wanted the most). I even called my director while I was driving to the spa/facial session so she could reassure me that I would be fine. We had a blast. So much fun. And I made some money too. I had been so worried I would screw this up my stomach was in knots! Where is the Valuim when you need it?! But alas, all turned out well. I used my flip cards to help me with the sequence of what to do next, and I actually appeared to know what I was doing. I worried for nothing! I think I'll do that again, and again, and...

check me out www.freehomespa.com

That was the fun part of my day off, then I had to go to Big J's shop and take care of all the jobs that no one else seems to know how to do. You see, when the shop opened in Jan. Of 2004, the guys were going to "Run" the shop (yeah, they ran it into the ground, haha) No Way were they going to have a girl telling them how to do their job! So now that the shop is in horrible shape, like the books, you know the kind of books that dept of revenue likes to look at when you don't open your mail and they have repeatedly asked for certain information, and phones won't work properly and their internet is screwed up and on and on, NOW they are ready for me to come in and FIX IT!! I should tell them to shove it, but this is my lively-hood also, and I'm a glutton for punishment anyway, so I get to spend the rest of my day off working. Sometimes life is a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home