Is This All There Is?...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Katrina

Good morning! I think...ha Nah, it actually is an ok morning. Did I ever mention Big J works for the local utility company as a lineman? No. Ok. I'm mentioning it. Anyway, when Katrina struck and devastated the south, the company sent I believe 7 crews of 4 men each (est). Those guys got there at the worst of it (I know a lot of the residents suffered so this is not to take away from them) but the crews went 24 hrs with no sleep and no food the first day they arrived. This is highly unusual so I can only imagine what the residents have and are going through. So, the first crews sent will have been there 2 weeks when these new crews arrive. They'll stay two weeks, then the company will switch those guys out, and so on. Big J first arrives at work this morning at 7, gets all kinds of shots, then they will go by bus. The bus will then bring back the first group. Usually they drive their own trucks, guess with the price of gas someone in the company actually had a great idea...Leave the trucks, change the crews. This too is unusual. haha the company usually has bright ideas that suck! haha

I'm kinda happy he's going, gives us a break from each other, but I don't like him leaving for 2 weeks. That's just too damn long. Oh wait! What could I do with this alone time?! Be able to fall asleep reading with the light on. Sleep in maybe, fall asleep with a movie playing in his PS2 and not have to hear him say "Where's my (whatever he happens to be playing at the time) game?! No cooking dinner! No, wait, I don't cook anyway! hhhmmmm 2 weeks huh? I think it might be alright.

1 Comments:

  • At 11 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home